Welcome to March 2022 Data DNA – Dataset Challenge!Data DNA is your monthly learning and development appointment with yourself and hundreds of passionate data people. For free! Join us every month to work with a given data set and create better, more effective data visualizations, analysis and help us make information more accessible. The Data DNA community comes together every month from around the globe and we would love for YOU to become part of it, too.
This month’s winner is: Stephanie French
Win a $200 Amazon Voucher from our sponsors Astrato & Vera Solutions and 2 data books from our sponsors Packt!
A winning entry will be chosen based on best visualization and successfully following the entry rules – winning a $200 Amazon voucher code courtesy of Astrato & Vera Solutions and 2 data books from our sponsors Packt!
The top 5 entries will also receive 2 data books from our sponsors Packt Plus, all entries submitted using Astrato will be entered into a special mini-competition. And the winning entry will receive an exclusive Astrato goodie bag!
We also now have amazing badges to be won!
How to submit your entry:
- Follow Onyx Data on LinkedIn (it’s OK if you already follow Onyx Data)
- Share a LinkedIn post on your profile that contains both a direct @ mention to @Onyx Data, @Astrato Analytics and the hashtag #dataDNA
- In your post, share an image of your visualization or dashboard (remember, it must be a single image)
- Tag, mention, and invite 5 connections to view your post or play along (optional)
How to Create an Astrato Entry:
- Sign up for free at https://astrato.io/
- Watch this short demo of Astrato in Action
- Connect the data by downloading it and pasting into google sheets using the google account you logged in with. The sheet will appear as a source when you create a new google sheets data source from the data tab.
- If you run into any issues, reach out to our support team using the chat icon at the lower right hand corner of the screen.
Pi Day Pie Data Dataset
- This month we are celebrating Pi Day (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pi_Day) by analyzing a fictional bakery’s pie data!
- Help Pie Bakery to improve their business by gathering insights from the last two years of pie sales!
Astrato in Action
|Column Name||Description||Data Type|
|Order NO||Order number of Pie Bakery orders||String|
|Order Date||Date order was placed||Date|
|Month/Yr||Month & Year abbreviation of the Date of order||Date|
|Day of Week||Day of the week the order was placed||String|
|Pie Flavor||The flavor of the pie(s) ordered||String|
|Quantity||Quantity of pies ordered||Integer|
|Cost||Total cost of pies ordered||Float|
|Slice Or Whole Pie||Slice or Whole Pie ordered||String|
|Pre-Order/In-Store Purchase||Denotes if the order was made in store or pre-ordered||String|
|Organic?||Organic if the pie filling ingredients were certified organic||String|
Data DNA – Dataset Challenge March 2022
Welcome to the Onyx Data March 2022 Data DNA – Dataset Challenge!
This month we will be visualizing the Pi Day Pie Data Dataset!